As 2017 comes to an end and by God’s special grace, within few hours we will be in 2018, it is important to set your goal and targets for the New Year. Most times, many of us are used to setting and having numerous, unrealistic and unachievable New Year resolutions. But by the time the year is far spent, we discover that most of our resolutions are left completely unachieved. Therefore, as we approach 2018, we must strive to ensure that 2018 will not be as other years. If 2018 becomes like other years, then it is obvious that we will end up the way we ended up in the other years. Between December 31st 2017 and January 1st 2018, many pastors, prophets, apostle, teaches and evangelists will release their own prophecy for the year, yet you must work hard so that the year 2018 will turn out to your own favour. Therefore, below are some few recommended activities Christians must engage themselves so that 2018 will count a great deal.
1. DRAW NEAR TO GOD: I s very important to know that it has been God all the way, hence we must ensure that throughout 2018, we abide by His side. James.4:8 says, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you”. Deuteronomy.2:7 says, “these forty years the Lord your God has been with you, you have lacked nothing”. Therefore, if 2018 must be a good year for all Christians, then we must draw near to God daily. We must never go away from His precious side.
2. WORK HARD: As Christians, we must not pray for prosperity if we are not ready to work towards it. For 2018 to be fruitful we adhere to God’s word in Zephaniah.3:16 which says, “Let not your hands be slack”. Slack hands leads to poverty. If you ever see a man who deals with slack hands, then be sure that with time, he will tend to poverty. Paul admonished all Christians in Romans.12:11; Not slothful in business. Therefore if 2017 was a year of work, 2018 should be a year of more work. If in 2017 you worked hard, then in 2018, you must prepare to work harder. There are lots of ground to be covered, but it is not for those who are slothful. It is for those who are prepared for work.
3. READ: John Wesley said, “Reading people are always knowing people”. If we have the quest and passion for more knowledge come 2018, then we must be prepared to read harder. Knowledge is power as we all know, therefore, you are as powerful as your knowledge. If you want to wield more power, then get more knowledge. But ensure that you are very careful in the kind of things you read. Be careful not to read those things which will affect you negatively.
4. SHOW MORE LOVE: HEBREW.13:1 says, “Let brotherly love continue”. Make 2018 a year of love. May I remind you that the word “Christian” means Christ like, therefore we must be like Christ. Love was the main and only thing that made Jesus leave His glorious throne in heaven for earthly nights and woes, just to die for a sinner like me. In like manner, we must show love unlimitedly in 2018. Love the brotherhood. Love your neighbor. Love God. Love your friends. Love your siblings. Love your enemies. John.13:35 says, “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another”. Love unreservedly. Love unconditionally.
5. MAKE POSITIVE DECISIONS: The year 2018 is a year of decision making. In Daniel.1:8, Daniel purposed in his heart. He was able to abide by his own decision. Therefore, as a child of the Most High King, make positive and life transforming decisions in this coming year. Decide to serve God. Decide to come closer to God. Decide to make it.
6. BUILD A NETWORK: As iron sharpens iron, so also a man sharpens the countenance of his friends. The year 2018 should not be year of isolation. Indeed 2 are better than 1. Create a network of friends that will make life better for you in the year 2018
7. SOW YOUR SEED: C ast your bread upon the waters and in many days you will find it. Sow in the morning, sow at night, for you do not know the one that will germinate (ECCLESIASTES.11). 2018 should be a year of positive investment. Remember, it is what you invest that you will harvest. Sow and keep sowing. Maybe it is the last seed that you sow that will germinate. Keep sowing
8. PREPARE FOR CHRIST’S RETURN: The coming of Christ is still unknown to all men but the truth remains that in a time when no one knows, when no one expects, He will come. Therefore, live every day of the year 2018 is if Christ will come that day. Therefore, follow peace with all men and Holiness without which no man will see the Lord (Hebrew.1:14).
As you live in 2018, may the favour of the Lord locate you. I pray that by this time next year, when you count your blessing and name them one by one, it will surprise you what the Lord has done. In that light, in
JANUARY, you will JUBILIATE
FEBRUARY, you will FEAR NO MORE
MARCH, you will MATCH TO GREATNESS
APRIL, you will be APPRECIATED
MAY, you will be MADE
JUNE, you be JOYFUL
JULY, you will be JUSTIFIED
AUGUST, you will AUGMENT
SEPTEMEMBER, you will be SEPARATED
OCTOBER, you will OCCUPY
NOVEMBER, you will be NOMINATED
DECEMBER, you will be DEDICATED
May God locate you. Those of us at Christianityupdate.com wishes you a prosperous, excellent and happy new year in JESUS name. AMEN
1 post • Page 1 of 1