The Pleasure and Profits of Bible Study

We discuss our faith and life of Christ Jesus
christianityupdate
Site Admin

The Pleasure and Profits of Bible Study

Post by christianityupdate » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Christianity has come to a point where many people try to grow without the bible. Today, the Bible is been neglected by many so called Christians and in turn, all they do is ignorantly arguing biblical teachings based on what they might have heard others or their pastors said. By we must go back to the place of bible study if we must grow as christians in this race which is set before us.

As we look at the pleasures and profits of Bible study today, it will be very expedient that we all throw in our comments and share our experiences in studying the bible. Paul said in 2 Timothy.2:15, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". Many Christians has been silenced by ungodly men because of their ignorance of the Word of God. Christians, it is high time we went back to the bible if we must survive and be sustained in this world.

As we proceed in this discussion, let me outline few points i see as the pleasures and profits i have personally derived in the course of studying the bible.

1) You will know the mind of God: God has revealed His mind to us in a book. Therefore, if we must know the mind of God, then we must be familiar and acquainted with that book. That book is the Bible. If we must know the mind of God, then we must study the Bible per time.Any man who knows the mind is God might not be current with the latest and recent occurrences in the world, bu8t is current with the word of God.

2) You will have understanding of the time: Like the sons of Issachar, if we must have understanding of the time, we must constantly and continuously study the word of God. The bible contains record of historic, present and future events. Therefore, we must fully get acquainted with it to understand the times we are in.

3) You will grow spiritually: Can you grow spiritually without the bible? NO! Any man or woman who desires to grow spiritually must feed on the word of God. As Peter recorded in 1 Peter.2:2, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby". The food we eat to grow spiritually is the word of God.

4) You will teach others: As you get more knowledgeable and acquainted with the word of God, you will be in the position to teach others. Not just learning and not coming to the full knowledge of the truth. But ever learning and teaching others.

5) You will not be deceived: Many people have been deceived by men who falsely interpret the bible. Let me state clearly that those whom we call false teachers also make use of the same bible we use. But unfortunately, they misinterpret it and thereby deceive others. If we must avoid been deceived, we must ensure that we are fully grounded in the word of God.

6) You will have all your questions answered: The bible contains answers to all our questions. If you decide to study the bible verse by verse, chapter by chapter, page by page, book by book, before long, you will find out that all your questions have been answered.

7) It gives help to the helpless: Many people have lost hope completely. The word of God restores hope to such people.

8) It keeps us away from sin: D.L. Moody said, "the bible will keep you from sin or sin will keep you from the bible". Psalm.119:9 and 11 said, "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his ways? by taking heed thereto according to thy word...Thy word have i hid in mine heart that i may not sin against thee." If we must be free from sin, the must of God must dwell deeply and richly in us. Sin and the Word cannot dwell together.

At this point, this topic fully opened for discussion and deliberation. Use to comment box to throw in your opinion and comments so that we all may be edified as God blesses you.

THANKS. C.M.O. CHUKWUEKE
Admin Christianityupdate